MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Stroganoff - quick and easy dinner

This is a combination of our favorite stroganoff recipes from my mother and my mother-in-law:

1lb ground beef
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 can of diced mushrooms
1 small onion, diced (use dried minced onions in a pinch)
1/4c water
1T Worchester sauce
1T kitchen bouquet
Egg noodles

Brown ground beef and onions in a large skillet. Add all other ingredients except the kitchen bouquet; simmer 10 minutes. Add kitchen bouquet.

Cook egg noodles according to package directions.

Serve stroganoff over egg noodles. We like to serve green bean casserole as a side dish.

If you brown the beef ahead of time, it will be an even easier meal to prepare!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Scribbit said...

This is one of my kids very favorites. If I want to make them happy I make this.

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home