MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Little Girl Dresses

Janel at Pearls just shared a really cute link for making little girl dresses out of Daddy's old shirts. The dresses are precious!

Visit Craftster to see the detailed instructions. It's an easy project for a regular seamstress, and a do-able project for someone beginning to sew.

I sew very little and very infrequently, but I'd like to try this dress. If you know of other easy-sew projects, I'd love to hear about them!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Grandmother Wren said...

ooooh....look!
I will be raiding Grampy's closet later this morning for a shirt, and with a little bit of luck,
Miss Maya will have a new dress!
Thank you!

6:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How adorable! I love this! After this comment, I'm off to read the instructions :-)

Feel free to look for some easy sewing projects on www.howtome.com

1:08 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I know this is an older post, but I saw this dress too! I just wanted to mention that I made my daughter a tiered skirt this morning based on the Tiered Skirt Tutorial at Kuky Ideas {I'm sure you could just google it}. It just required a bit of math! Hopefully I will post about it shortly ;>)

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home