MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Friday, November 02, 2007

One Stop Shopping

Money Saving Mom just started a good discussion about Wal-mart's price-matching promise. It's a great deal, because Wal-mart will match the prices listed in all of their competitor's sales advertisements. So whatever deal you're finding on produce, cosmetics, groceries, pharmaceuticals, toys, etc., you can also get at Wal-mart.
  • Before baby #3, I took competitors ads to Walmart frequently. I just did it this week for the first time in a year. It takes a little bit of work:
  • It takes extra time to shop, b/c you have to be careful about the brands.
  • It takes a lot of extra time at checkout, because you have to show the sales print for each item.
  • But you save $.
I think my happy compromise will be looking at the loss leaders in the competitor's ads. Unless it's a really good sale, Walmart will probably have essentially the same price. Looking at only loss leaders will save time & stress - and make me a happier mommy with kids in tote!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home