MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Friday, July 18, 2008

Marshmallow Guns - Summer Fun

Marshmallow guns were a highlight of our family vacation - for kids and adults! I heard my mom & sister talk about them before the trip, but I totally underestimated how much fun they would be!!

Think BB gun in accuracy, but then imagine shooting mini marshmallows out of a star wars like pvc pipe gun. You blow on one end, then the marshmallow shoots out the other end.

Kids ranging from 2-65 shot marshmallows off our back deck into the woods last week. We also ate a lot of marshmallows (the 6 and under kids probably ate as many as they fired) and of course we shot at each other. I loved putting 3 mini marshmallows into my gun and firing away at my husband!

The biggest surprise about the guns was my 6yr old's adaption. After shooting the guns for a while, he decided the guns would make great musical instruments. So he & his cousin spent hours making trombones, trumpets, and clarinets out of the pvc pipes. They're not glued together, so they were easy to manipulate. They loved figuring out the various sounds made by shaping the gun in different ways. And thankfully they were great at keeping the instrument volumes low enough to use inside the house!

Making the guns would also be a great activity for Young Life, church youth groups, or after-school clubs. It's fun, it's cheap, and hours of interactive entertainment!

Here's a tutorial you can follow to make your own marshmallow gun. Happy playing!


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home