MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Books for Preteen Girls

My 11-year old niece Gibsy gave me a list of her favorite books. I haven't read most of them, but I trust her judgment. She is part of a Christian homeschooling family, and they have conservative taste. If you share any of your favorite books for her age group, I'll pass them along to her!

Dulcie's Taste of Magic
Nancy Drew: Mystery at the Ski Jump
Beck Beyond the Sea
Meet Kit, An American Girl
Nancy Drew: Mystery at Moonstone Castle
Ginger Pye
The Wizard of Oz
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I loved to read at that age (still do!). I remember the Nancy Drew books. I also loved all the L.M. Montgomery books (Anne of Green Gables and many others). Also, Laura Ingalls Wilder books. The classics like A Little Princess, Little Women (and Little Men, Jo's Boys), etc. I read the Grandma's Attic series, by Arleta Richardson and the Mandie series, by Lois Gladys Leppard (mystery books but also faith-based). She might still be young for Christy and Julie, by Catherine Marshall.

6:07 AM  
Blogger WordGirl said...

I'd suggest Chasing Vermeer, The Wright 3 and The Calder Game, all by Blue Balliett. Anna and I have read all of them and think they're great. They combine art, math and mystery! Another fave of mine from when I was this age is The Westing Game, a very clever book.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Ann @TheAssetEdge said...

What fun! I just emailed your suggestions to my Gibsy - she'll be thrilled! Thank you. :)

9:13 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Ann, I saw this in a magazine recently and jotted it down. Don't know if it's any good but it looks like something I want to check out when my daughter gets a little older.

The Girlhood Home Companion magazine (Godly Character for a Girl's Heart and Home), by Remembrance Press.
For girls ages 11-18.
www.giftoffamilywriting.com

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home