First he says to remember the verse in Timothy, "God did not give me a spirit of fear, but of power, love and self-discipline". Pray for God's courage to share.
These are the general steps he follows with people:
- Find common ground and start talking about that.
- Ask about their needs.
- Ask if you can pray about their needs. "Can I pray for you?" "Can I pray with you?"
- Ask, "Do you know the One who intercedes for you?" "Would you like to know him?"
- "If you died tomorrow, can you confidently say that you'll go to heaven and live with Jesus?" "If so, how do you know?"
- Share your favorite gospel verses:
- John 3:16 God loves you.
- Romans We have all sinned and fall short of God's glory
- Romans Jesus died in your place
- If you believe in your heart and confess with your mouth, you will be saved.