MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Catching Memories on Film

We made our semi-annual trip to the WalMart Portrait Studio for pics of the kids yesterday. This was an extra-special trip, because the grandparents from Phoenix went with us!

Their $9 photo package usually includes one 10x13, two 8x10s, two 5x7s, four 3.5x5s and 16 wallets. There is no sitting fee, and they often run specials. Every two weeks they offer free family portraits! If you sign up on their mailing list, your kids will get birthday coupons for cheaper packages. I've heard that they'll honor these birthday coupons (and other promotions) past the expiration date, so it never hurts to ask!

The one catch to staying super cheap with this pictures is patience. The photographer will take as many pictures as you want, but the first picture you say that you like is the picture they will use for all your basic package prints. They will continue to take 6 more pictures, and you will have the option to purchase aditional print packages of these photos. I always try to be super-disciplined, but even the extra packages are inexpensive compared to other studios.

Happy photos!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home