MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Family Time

My friend Aimee just shared two great resources for families with me:

  1. Write Mama Write just wrote a great post with 50 mood changers for toddlers. It's a very creative list of activities - many of them easy & requiring no preparation. It's a great list to print out for the refrigerator - for those afternoons when you think you might pull your hair out if you hear another whiny voice or angry scuffle. Those are the moments when we need an intentional activity to pull out of our sleeves to uplift our spirits and help our children find positive outlets for all their energy!
  2. Aimee also shared a new book (she's quite an avid reader!!) by Amanda Soule called "The Creative Family: How to encourage imagination and family connections", that I can't wait to read. The author also blogs at SouleMama, a site full of good ideas!

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris and Tiana said...

GREAT ideas! I'm definitely posting those on my fridge. We certainly have days we can use some fresh ideas. Thanks!!

Tiana

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home