MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Family Uno

Our family loves to play games. It's a little challenging with our 18m old, so sometimes she sits in our laps and sometimes we play after her 7pm bedtime.

One of our favorites is Uno. We've been playing since our youngest son turned two. It's a great way to teach color and number recognition, matching, strategy, and taking turns. Everyone lays their cards out in front, and we help each other figure out the best moves. We skip the challenge of remembering to say "uno" with only one card remaining, because it's a little too difficult for the younger kiddos to grasp. When someone wins, we all give high fives & say 'nice job'. Then we shuffle and deal the cards to start again, saying "You never know who will win next time!"

We usually play 2-4 games in a setting, but my kids would be happy to play 10 games in a row!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I really never thought about playing it with my daughter already. She just turned two. Now that you mentioned it, it makes perfect sense to help her with her colors and numbers! Thanks for the tip!

8:53 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

That is a great idea! I love playing games with the kids. I will have to start looking for Uno cards at the thrift store- thanks for the idea!

9:43 AM  
Blogger Jamie - Family Focused Fun said...

We love Uno too!! It's great for adults too we've decided! An easy one when you don't want to have to think too much. :-)

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home