MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Monday, April 07, 2008

Striped Delight
Here's a yummy treat for the next time you want to make a dessert. It was a big hit at a party we went to for African missionary friends last week. I was so excited when Susannah brought her recipe to church yesterday!


Striped Delight

35 Oreo cookies, finely crushed
6T butter, melted
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 c sugar
2T cold milk
12oz cool whip, thawed
1 1/4 c cold milk
2 small packages chocolate instant pudding

Mix cookie crumbs and butter in a bowl, then firmly press onto bottom of 9x13 pan. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
Beat cream cheese, sugar and 2T milk with whisk until well-blended. Gently stir in 1 1/4c of cool whipp and stpread over the first layer.
Pour 3 1/4 c milk into large bowl and add pudding mixes. Beat with whisk for 2 min. Pour over cream cheese layer and let stand 5 min. Drop remaining cool whip by spoonfulls over pudnig and spread.
Sprinkle leftover oreos over top of dessert.
Refrigerate 4 hours.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Now that sounds delicious too! You always ahve the best recipes.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home