MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Starfall is a Hit

I wrote about starfall.com many moons ago, when my MIL told me about it, but I think it's worth a second post. As I type, my 3yr old is sitting beside me practicing phonics and blended sounds. There are more advanced levels that teach children to sound out words and read sentences.

The "Let's Learn our Letters" section teaches phonics and letter recognition. That's where my son has been playing this week. It teaches each upper case and lower case letter, and has various activities to reinforce the skills. It also shows the child interactive videos with the sounds each letter makes. Periodically it introduces a Memory game that helps the child match letters with words that start with the same sound.

It's free, it's easy for children to navigate, and it's very well designed. It compliments the style of Sesame Street, Letter Factory and Between the Lions.

Enjoy!

ann

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

y 5 yr old niece uses this in her kindergarten class

2:46 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Our kids love it, too!

11:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great site!! My 3 1/2 year old is racking up the site words, and this will be a great addition to his curiosity.

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home