NIV Genesis 2:18 The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him." A woman’s role is to be helper to her husband. How can I be a good helper to my husband?
1. Love your husband
2. Love your children
3. Be sensible and pace yourself (If I push myself to a point of burnout, I won’t be good for anyone or anything!)
4. Nurture your family
5. Build and care for your home (see Prov. 31)
6. Be responsive to your husband’s leadership
Use wisdom with a man…consider a man’s key needs
a. A man needs admiration and respect
b. A man needs your support in his work and his dreams
c. A man needs a recreational companion (this one is challenging with young kids in the family)
d. A man needs physical responsiveness
“Nevers” in Relationships
1. Never submit to anything immoral or illegal with a man
2. Never hide abuse
3. Never nag (oh, this one is hard for women, isn't it!)
4. Never embarrass your man in public—but confront him in private!
5. Never stop encouraging your man—critics will line up at the door to criticize him. The line of encouragers is short!
6. Never treat sex in marriage as a duty. Always consider it a privilege.
7. Never lose interest in his job.
8. Never make your kids your top priority. Always keep your husband there.
I love my husband dearly, and cherish our relationship. I love that my pastor took time to exhort couples in their relationships. And I'm grateful for the challenge to love my DH and my family even better.